Uvula is a soft palate bell shaped structure hanging in the back of the throat. It is made of very soft tissues. It plays vital role in swallowing food, water, preventing bacteria coming in mouth. In medical term swollen Uvula is named Uvilitis. This happens due to sore throat or tonsillitis, hyper acidity, esophagus damage, due to high temperature fever. In swollen uvula structure of uvula is inflamed. Most probably swollen uvula happens due to dehydration, smoke or alcohol consumption or peptic ulcer. But this is not very serious problem; it can be treated from home remedies. You can treat swollen uvula with home remedies. Here are the best home remedies tips.
Swollen Uvula Home Remedies Tips
- First cause of swollen uvula is dehydration. Start drinking water after every 10 or 15 minutes. Take orange juice in a day, it treats dehydration and helps to reduce the pain and inflammation.
- Gargle with salt water, especially in the early morning and night time before you go to bed. Do not take normal water after you gargle. it will help reducing the pain in uvula.
- Basil leaves are also good herbal remedy; chew the basil leaves often time. This herb is best used to cure the Uvilitis.
- Take turmeric and honey with warm water. You can also take it with warm milk in the night.
- Take ginger powder, honey and lemon in Luke warm water. It works wonderfully for rehydration and on inflamed uvula.
- Herbal tea is available in the market. Or you can make it at home. Take basil leaves, cloves, ginger, black pepper and to remove the bitter taste you can add a tea spoon of sugar. This works as a best antibacterial agent for all kind of disease related to RTI.
- You will be surprised that chips of ice cubes can help to treat swollen uvula. Just put chips of ice cubes in mouth. It is best used for rehydration.
- Take wheatgrass juice to cure Uvilitis. The quick wash remedy is best to eradicate the bacteria and relieves throat pain.
SO here are the most important home remedies you can use to treat swollen uvula. If you feel that it is a serious case and from these remedies uvilitis is not cured, please consult doctor. Dr will diagnose and give you the advice of taking only antibiotics or go for surgery. Don’t worry this is not a big disease; you can easily come into normal life after two or three days of surgery.